All persons in the practice (not already covered by a professional confidentiality code) sign a confidentiality agreement that explicitly makes clear their duties in relation to handling personal health information and the consequences of breaching that duty. Practice staff may have access to your records for:
- Typing referral letters to GPs, Hospital consultants, etc.
- Opening letters from hospitals and consultants. These letters may be appended to your paper record or scanned into your electronic record.
- Scanning clinical letters, reports and any other documents not available in electronic format.
- Photocopying or printing documents for referral to consultants.
- Handling, printing, photocopying and mailing or emailing medico-legal, health insurance re- ports etc. and associated documents.
- We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements.